Combine topping ingredients of coconut oil, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and sugar free maple syrup in a mixing bowl until we’ll mixed and pour into an even layer in a pregreased cake pan.
Arrange sliced apples on top in design of choice (I chose rings) and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, protein powder, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl beat coconut oil and brown sugar substitute for about 3 minutes.⠀
Add eggs into beat mixture one at a time and then vanilla extract, beating as you add the ingredients.
Mix previously mixed dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and add almond milk and apple sauce until well combined. Fold in chopped apples and pecans making sure not to over mix batter.
Pour cake batter over previously prepared cake pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
Allow cake to cool for about 10-15 minutes before flipping cake out of pan onto a cooling rack.
Thank you Joelle, @balancingmd for this delicious recipe!
- 2 medium apples, sliced thin, about 1/8 inch thick
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 C brown sugar substitute
- 2 TBSP water or apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C sugar free maple syrup (or regular)
- 3/4 C coconut oil
- 1 C brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 C almond milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C white whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops Devotion Nutrition Buttery Blend protein powder
- 1/4 C unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 3/4 C pecans or walnuts chopped
About the author : Kelly Traynor
Join our mailing list today
Insider offers & flash sales in your inbox every week.
Curabitur non nulla sit amet nisl tempus convallis quis ac lectus dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit sed porttitor lectus.
Leave A Comment